For Colleges of Education affiliated to Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar,
a graduation Degree under 10+2+3 system of education under old (14 years) system before 1991 with not less than 45% marks in the aggregate of the Degree examination. OR
M.A./M.Sc./M.Com/M.Sc. (Hons. School) degree of a recognised University with not less than 45% marks in aggregate. OR
Diploma in Rural Service (Three year course) under 10+2+3 system awarded by National Council For Rural Higher Education, Ministry of Education with not less than 45% marks in aggregate. OR
Any other qualification recognised as equivalent to any of (a), (b) and (c).
In the case of candidate belonging to SC/ST and BC (excluding economically BC), the eligibilty condition shall be atlease 40% marks in the aggregate in the graduation or equivalent examination.
Graduation through Giani / Prabhakar shall not be eligible.
The medium of instruction for B.Ed. course as prescribed by the University is English, Hindi & Punjabi.
There are only 100 seats in the B.Ed. class and the College is only for women.
Admission has been centralised and candidates who are declared pass in the Joint Entrance Test conducted by Punjab University, Chandigarh shall only be considered eligible for the interview on the dates as would be notified in leading newspapers by Punjab University, Chandigarh, per merit and the subject combinations in a college opted for admission by a particular candidate.
Application forms for this College will be supplied by the College office alongwith a copy of the Prospectus only to the candidates recommended for admission by the Co-ordinator, B.Ed. Admission, P.U. Chandigarh.
A candidate seeking admission is required to attach the following documents with her application:
a) Original proof of the residence.
b) A certificate of good character from the college in which she has last studied; In the case of a teacher, from the head of the institution in which she had/has last served. It should be duly attested by the D.E.O. concerned.
c) An attested copy of her Degree, Diploma etc. (the original of which shall be presented at the time of interview)
d) A certificate of Physical Fitness (for married women only)
e) She shall also sign a declaration accepting as binding on her the college rules and regulations in all matters.
f) Sports certificate for consideration in the sports category from the sports Deptt. of Pb. Govt.
g) Original certificate of the reserve category in which admission is sought.
The Graduates of other Universities should submit migration certificates from the University at the time of admission.
The submission of the documents by the candidates on the date she has appeared is restricted only upto the time of interview and no additional certificate will be entertained after the interview.
The signature of every candidate shall be taken datewise at the time of interview.
1. The candidate applying for the reserve category shall carefully indicate in her form the claim for one category in the application. No change in the category will be entertained at a later stage.
2. A candidate applying for Admission under category 02 i.e. against the seats reserved for Schedule Castes / Schedule Tribes category shall be considered provided she produces a certificate signed by the District Magistrate Additional District Collector / First Class Stipendary Magistrate / City Magistrate / Sub Divisional Magistrate / Talika Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner (not below the rank of 1st Class Stipendary Magistrate) and Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar as per U.O. No. 10/2/96-2SW1/11-12-13-14 Dated, Chd. 8-1-99.
3. A candidate applying for Admission under category 03 ie. against the seats reserved for Backward classes category shall be considered provided she produces income certificate of parents along with Backward class certificates signed by the S.D.O. (Civil), Executive Magistrate, Tehsildar, Naib-Tehsildar, Block Development officer, District Revenue Officer as per latest instructions of the Punjab Government. Only the recent certificate will be considered.
4. A candidate shall be eligible for admission under category 04 only if she is from a town/village within 10 miles from the International Border or her village falls within the Bet/Backward area limits excluding the towns of Ferozepur and Gurdaspur. A certificate to this effect should be obtained from S.D.M. / G.A. to D.C. / D.C.
5. A candidate claiming admission under category 05 will produce a Graduation certificate issued by the Director of Sports from respective States. Sports achievement at the school level will not be accepted.
6. A candidates seeking admission under catetory 06 will produce a certificate from the respective Deputy Commissioner.
7. A candidate claiming admission under categories 07, 08, 09 must al least be 40 percent handicapped duly certified by the C.M.O. and also must produce a certificate from the C.M.O. that she would be able to teach.
8. A candidate claiming admission under the categories 10 and 11 will produce a certificate from the Commanding Officer / Commandant / SSP.
9. In order to decide the eligibility of riot-affected (Category 12), the candidates must produce a certificate from the respective Deputy Commissioner to the effect that she is from a November, 1984 riot affected family in Punjab. Dependents of terrorist affected family will mean a family which has lost its bread-earner in some terrorist action in Punjab.
10. In case of category 13, a widow must produce a death certificate of her husband and a divorced woman, a legal certificate containing the final decision of the court.
11. In case of category 14, ex-service/women must produce the discharge certificate.
12. In case of category 15, the ex-service/women settlers of Cambell Bay
Island of Andaman Nicobar, the candidate must produce certificate from the competent authority.
13. For claiming reservation under category 16, the Kashmiri migrant students temporarily residing in Punjab State must submit proof in support of their claim.
14. A candidate applying in the reserved category shall carefully indicate her claim for only one category in the Admission Form-A. In case the candidate wrongly indicates claim for more than one reserved categories, the one claimed in the first instance shall be considered. No change of category will be entertained/permitted in the application form or otherwise at the latter stage.
Note :The verification of certificates in the case of admission in the reserved categories is subject to the production of the certificate from the specific competent authority.